"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Joshua's Preschool Program

I have NOT had a good week. I feel like I have dropped more than my share of balls.  Chad and I have agreed that after I get some rest, we need to remodel my life.  So be praying about our next "reconstruction project."  There has to be a better plan, and prayerfully, we will figure it out.

Tonight WAS Joshua's program.  His Daddy got him there on time and looking handsome.  (Momma worked all day.)  And I would love to show you beautiful pictures taken with my new zoom lens, but I forgot my memory card.  So the only pictures I have were taken by Jamison with his phone.  I am very grateful for them!  I am also very upset with myself for messing yet another thing up this week.

 Jamison said, "It was one of the best programs ever!  Why can't all programs be that good?!"
And he meant it!
 
These kiddos were so cute.
 
They sand AT THE TOP OF THEIR LUNGS!!!  You could not understand many words, but you could sure hear their voices.
Here is our sweet son, very clearly saying his part into the microphone.
 
He said, " Maybe it's a special Christmas present for Christmas."  In a smooth, clear, unhurried voice.
 
After he said his part, I lost it.  I am not joking.  I started like totally crying.  My kids looked at me like I was losing my mind as I tried not to sob.  It was totally unlike me.
 
(In addition to being totally exhausted and stressed) This child amazes me.  One year ago, he was stuttering almost uncontrollably. He was no where near ready to go to school.  It was too intimidating, too institutional, brought back too many memories of loneliness and fear.
 
This year, he proudly stood before a large crowd of people and recited a line into a microphone.  The magnitude of just how far he has come hit me like a ton of overly emotional bricks, and I cried like a crazy person.  No one in the room (or few people anyway) knew his story.  They had NO idea how far he has come.  He behaved just like a 5 year old should.  There was nothing spectacular about his performance, which is EXACTLY what I have been praying for. 
 
Joshua fell asleep tonight before I was even done with our good-night song.  So I lay next to him for a while and prayed this simple prayer of thanks over my amazing boy.
 
"Thank you God that Joshua is filled with a spirit of sonship, not fear.  Thank you that he is strong and courageous.  Thank you that he is no longer terrified or discouraged.  Thank you that You have been with him wherever he goes."
 
I am so incredibly thankful for all the ways God has fulfilled His promises in Joshua
Gebeyehu's life.  It is simply beautiful.