"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, August 3, 2015

5 Generations

 The chance for a great-great grandparent to meet their great-great grandchild is rare.  What a blessing it is to have all these generations together and healthy.  Wyatt is a lucky little guy to have the love of all these amazing people surrounding him.

We all are.

I married well. . . in so many ways.
Wyatt John, infant, pictured with his momma, his Great-Great Grandpa and Grandma Hoff, his Great Grammy Angie, and his Grandpa.  (It still feels so odd to refer to my husband as a grandpa.  LOL!)

On the evening this picture was taken, my mother-in-law was holding Wyatt and talking to him.  He was looking at a brightly colored painting I have in my kitchen.  I was getting supper together, when I overheard Angie, my MIL, say, "Wyatt.  Are you looking at Grandma's pretty picture?"  As she said that I thought to myself. . . that is not your picture, Ang?  It's mine?  What a weird thing to say.  And then it occurred to me.  I AM HIS GRANDMA.

Yikes!

I adore that baby.  But being a grandma is just weird.  Shouldn't I be old or something?

Don't answer that.

I'm obviously OLD enough - but. . .

Love you, love you Wyatt John - even if you ARE the reason people are referring to ME as Grandma.  Scratch that - especially because you are the reason people are calling me grandma.