"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, August 17, 2015

Girl Time at the Lake

Last week I asked Chad if he would drive the camper up to the lake for me.  The forecast was lovely, and I thought it would be really special to spend some time at the lake with my girls.  We declared Thursday and Friday "Girls' Day" at the lake.  It was a precious time.

Mataya and I arrived Wednesday night.  We woke up, snuggled in my bed, made coffee, prayed over the day, and went for a stroller job before the big girls arrived.


Sierra and Brenna love photography.  So, I told them to arrive Thursday looking pretty and we would go take some lake pics.  The results are stunning, just like my girls.





















After pictures we made lunch.

While Mataya napped, we sun bathed and read the entire book of Esther.  We did not try to dissect it verse for verse - but instead, we simply enjoyed the story.  I will be praying that my girls rise to the challenges that God plants in their path this year.  May "for such a time as this" guide their school year.

After Mataya woke up, we went into the camper and watched a movie.

While we watched the movie, Mataya dug in my closet and joyfully played dress-up with my workout clothes.  She thought she was the funniest thing ever.

After supper, we did a lake workout.

We ran intervals in the water.  It was hard and hilarious.  Mataya is an absolute water beetle so she loved us toting her through the water while we aqua-jogged.  Anything done with Sierra turns silly, so she had me laughing so hard my side hurt even before I was breathing hard.

After our work-out, we took "cowboy showers" AKA bathing in the lake.

 
Then we headed to a nearby town for an ice cream treat!

We returned to the lake and went on a quest to catch the setting sun.


 Followed by a sunset game of "get you get you,"  Mataya's current favorite!



 She waddles until her little legs give out and she takes a digger.  Her legs are covered in scratches - but she is always ready to go again!

Then it was time to head inside the camper...

to read Mataya about a million books before tucking her into her bunk.

Then Sierra, Brenna, and I snuggled into my big bed and watched another movie.

It was such a precious day to me.  So often when I am with my girls we have a to do list.  We have school shopping to do, or an appointment to attend, etc...  For one full day, we had nothing we had to do.  We rested.  We laughed.  We soaked in the sun and each other.

It was beautiful.  Just like my girls.