"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, August 28, 2015

Back to School 2015

In sticking with tradition, photos were taken on this, the first day of school.

 Sierra
Grade 10

(Sierra had an OK day.  One thing that is very hard about fall is that she is no longer able to cheer.  Though she had hoped that cheering would be possible post-surgery, she has been advised by her surgeon to quit permanently.  That is a hard pill to swallow.  She is doing it with much grace - but seeing her cheer friends along with being asked by all her teachers what her hobby is. . . just plain hurt.  Cheering used to be her hobby and a big part of her identity.  Having that removed, along with almost all other athletics, is painful.  On a bright note, she had a super first day at work!  She is very excited about her job as a BLAST (after school club) leader.)
 Joshua
Grade 1
(He had an awesome day!  He even came home with a paper which included a photograph that he allowed his teacher to take.  He was all smiles and stories.)
 Brenna
Grade 7
I always say in grade 7 all the little leaves a girl.  Sigh.  It has happened yet again.
(Brenna had a wonderful first day of school!  She is excited about her teachers and thoroughly enjoyed seeing her friends.)
Jamison
Grade 12
SENIOR!!!
(School was fine. . . the real focus of his day was the XC meet which followed, which I will highlight below.)


And after they were all gone, momma cried.

I hate back to school.  Home is where I like my kids best!

Summer is most certainly busy and chaotic and exhausting.  I am always moving, always cooking, always driving, always listening, always wondering when I can squeeze in a bit of "real" work - but it is also my favorite!

I was so thankful for Mataya today.


Her initial reaction to everyone leaving was tears!  She was so confused and alarmed when everyone was up and leaving so early - but once the dust cleared, she was the most peaceful I have seen her in forever.  She played happily at my office while I worked.  She helped me clean once we got home.  She talked and sang and danced with me.  We read books and watered flowers.  And she napped longer than she had in months.  It was precious!

After school, and a few errands, we headed to Jamison's first cross-country race of the year.

The highlight of the race, for me, was watching this team support each other. They have a very special and united feel this season.  From the team huddle, to the way they "fived" each other during run downs, the feel was one of "we are in this together!"  When a team is a team, great things are in store.



 Jamison had a solid race.  Not his best or worst ever - just solid.  A good way to start the season.
(And yes!  He beat the Demon to the finish!)

Jamison is blessed with some really great friends.  They came bearing banners, smiles, hugs, and loud cheers.  I am so very thankful for the freindships my son has!

To say it was a loooong and crazy day is an understatement!  But, all in all, it was more GOOD than bad, for which I am very thankful!

Thank you for praying for us.  God is faithful, and I am grateful.

I don't know about you, but I am hoping for a lazy weekend!