"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, August 7, 2015

Let the Searching Begin

I had the great pleasure of touring colleges with Jamison this week.  I don't know if we have ever traveled alone together, which made our time very special to me.

Added to that, I LOVE colleges.  The energy on a college campus just makes my heart happy.

Jamison has a few priorities when choosing a college:
1. He would really like to run at college.
2. He is thinking he would like to major in exercise science and then go to PT school.
3. Cost.  He will be paying for the vast majority of his college, and he is trying hard to get a good value for his dollar.

We toured MSUM, at my request.  And he liked it quite a bit!  But he has yet to talk to the coach there.

We toured St. John's at a coaches request.  And he liked the coach - but the school is very costly. . .

His high school coach would like to see him at the U of Mary.

He went to a camp at Winona State, and he loved it there.  Coach and all.

And UND might be a fit?

So. . .  I have no idea where he will end up.

I do know that I will miss him like crazy - BUT I am totally excited about his future.  He will love college.  Dorm life is right up his alley.  A more flexible schedule will be something he thoroughly enjoys.  And running for a college team will be a dream come true.

I will be praying that the right doors open and he knows with total clarity which school will be the best fit for him.  (And that he always remembers to call his momma!  HA!)