"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, January 25, 2010

Fingerprints

I have been anxiously checking the mail for our appointment with USCIS to be fingerprinted. You have to have a USCIS scheduled appointment to be fingerprinted as a part of the government petition to bring an immigrant child into the US. You have to show up when and where they tell you - period. I have been stressed about this appointment because Chad and I have a trip to Cancun planned in February and I did not want that trip to interfere with the fingerprinting.

Well... my appointments finally came in the mail today AND they are scheduled during our trip. UGH! So I checked the please reschedule box, typed a please expedite this request as we have been matched with a child letter, and drove it to the post office so it would go out in today's mail.

I was whining about the bad luck to God as I drove the envelope to the post office. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: God, I can not believe our bad luck on this one! I have been praying about this. You know I really do not want any of the paperwork that is my responsibility to slow down Joshua's coming home.

God: Yep, I know.

Silence.....

God: Why do you think this is all bad? Whose plan is this anyway? I started it I will complete it.

Me: Um...

God: Let not your heart be troubled, trust in me.

Me: I am sorry God. I know you will be faithful to complete this. I do trust you.


And you know what? I do. I do trust Him to complete this. So let's just watch and see how He does.