"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Updates

Our friends accepted a referral for 2, three year old boys this week! I am so excited for them, their sons, and Joshua. These boys are in the same orphanage that Joshua will come from. All three boys will probably play together in Ethiopia and then they will have friends within a few blocks once we get them all home. They will be able to grow up together! They will go to church together! It is just so cool!

We are having a dinner and silent auction to help our friends raise some funds on Jan. 30. It will be at our church from 4:30 to 7:30. We will serve stuffed baked potatoes. The silent auction is one in which you purchase tickets for $1 each. Then you put as any tickets as you wish in the jar near the item you would like to win. A winner will be drawn for each item at the end of the night. There are a combination of gift cards, merchandise, and service coupons that have been donated for you to bid on. We will also have a stuffed animal adoption center for the kids. The kids can buy a ticket making it possible for them to adopt the stuffed animal of their choice. We plan to give all the animals Ethiopian names. Doesn't it sound like a fun night? If you want more details, give me a call/email. I would love to see you there!


I am still hoping that we get to travel to Ethiopia with these friends. I think it would be so nice for the boys. However, I am OK either way. We would have to receive our referral in the next week or so in order for us to travel together, and while we are ready and expectant - waiting is OK too.


I have been doing tons of reading and research since we started this process. I finally took the time today to add a book and on-line resource list to my blog. I have only included the resources that I give 2 thumbs up. I plan to continue to add to the list.


I also added a button for a cool Valentine offer. When you buy a t-shirt, a pair of shoes and a shirt will be give to an orphan in Ethiopia. The t-shirts are cute and priced at $25. They have women's t-shirts and unisex ones. They even have children's sizes. Clicking on the button will give you all the details.

Have a super Saturday!