"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Why haven't you posted his picture?

I have had a few people ask why I have not posted a picture of Joshua. IAN (and possibly the Ethiopian government) does not allow us to post pictures of the children we will adopt until after passing court in Ethiopia. SO if you want to see Joshua's sweet face, you will have to come find me in person.

We are also prohibited from publishing his Ethiopian name. I can tell you though, so call me! I will confess that it took a few days before it flowed from my lips. The first night after we had learned his name I kept waking up thinking, "What is his name?" The first thing that popped into my mind every time was ewadeshalo - which means I love you in Amharic. Then my sleepy mind would rouse itself enough to remember his true name and I would drift off again.

I have been practicing calling him G. (Ethiopian name) Joshua or Joshua G. as we will do when he first comes home. The more I say his name the more musical it becomes!

Our dossier should arrive in Ethiopia by early next week. It has to be translated and then we will be assigned a court date. As the excitement of seeing his face has worn off a little the time until we will finally hold him seems vast. I think I am patient, but I do not wait well. In this process there is not a due date. It will happen it its own time. When the wait will end is uncertain. So for now I will focus on enjoying freedom I have with my children the ages they are. I can run an errand and leave them home alone, or run on my treadmill without worrying they are getting into something. I will enjoy sleeping in on Saturdays and sleeping through the night. I will enjoy spill-free suppers. Yet I certainly look forward to the chaotic energy that a little boy will bring!

**Sierra prays daily that Joshua G. will have hope (tesfa in Amharic) that his family is coming for him. She prays that it will be soon. I'd love it if you would join her!

**My other oh-so-sweet moment this week was visiting Brenna at school. She has Joshua G's picture proudly propped up on her desk. "Just so I can see him all the time!"