"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, January 15, 2010

Haiti

I received an email from the head of God's Children Adoption Agency today. GCAA handled our home study. They are a christian organization. I have total respect and trust for them based on our experience. Anyway, if you are looking for a way to help children/orphans in Haiti here is what Amy wrote.

Hello families and friends,

We have been contacted by a number of you desiring to help an orphanage in Haiti. We have connections with three reputable orphanages. I have spoken to representatives from all three orphanages ant they are in desperate need of funds for medical supplies, formula, blankets, and food.

The three orphanages are:
Reach out to Haiti, near Port-au-Prince (www.reachouttohaiti.com)
God's Littlest Angels in Haiti (www.godslittlestangelsinhaiti.org)
Children of the Promise Orphanage, in Cap Haitian (www.childrenofthepromise.org)

If you would like to give to the above three orphanages, you may do so directly.

I would also invite you to visit Rhyan Buettner's blogspot. She is from Fergus Falls, MN and is currently serving in Port-au-Prince. She is doing an amazing job of explaining not only what is happening, but how it affects her and those around her. You can read it at www.becausehecalled.blogspot.com

Lastly, I want to urge you to continue to pray...May God bless you.

Amy


***To check out God's Children Adoption Agency, Inc you can go to www.adoptgodschildren.com
We had a wonderful experience doing our home study with Lindsey. (Lindsey is Amy's daughter.) I have heard some people tell how horrible their home study process was, ours was wonderful. We looked forward to meeting with Lindsey. I appreciated her wisdom and advice. I will be so excited to introduce her to Joshua. Their agency also handles the placement part of the adoption process as well. We chose to use IAN as our placement agency. I would be totally comfortable using GCAA, but we started working with IAN before we had chosen anyone to do the home study and it has felt right to continue with them.

My heart goes out to the people of Haiti. What a terrible tragedy they are facing. When I received this email with some contacts of real people/organizations that could use my funds immediately I wanted to pass them on.