"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, July 23, 2010

Misc. Moments from our Week

I love this picture... if you look close you can see that Joshua is holding on tight to his picture of his buddies from Ethiopia who are now his neighbors! So cool to have them HOME!


We bought Krissy a cute little car to drive - with LOTS of supervision of course! It has a good side...
And it has a bad side! Chad found a great deal on a damaged VW beetle. It will be super in 3 mo. or so when Chad has repaired it. Lucky Krissy but poor Daddy!


Momma had a "car" to put together too. Grammy surprised Joshua with a really cool FIRETRUCK in the mail! It was way too exciting of a toy to wait for Daddy so come home... so Momma figured it out! (Did you know Little Tikes has online video instructions? They rock!)
Joshua watched me the whole time and kept asking, "Joshua sit? Joshua drive?"

Finally Momma got it all done!

Ever cautious Joshua lowering himself in... never know if it will work - after all Momma is no pro when it comes to car repairs.

Works great! Good job me Momma! Thank you Grammy!

We had lots of play dates this week.
Joshua is learning to pray. When he first came home he would tell us "em bee yo" (NO!) when we would pray before meals. A week or so in he would just silently shrug us off. But now he is the first to say "Momma PRAY!" Sometimes we have to pray several times during a meal. He always remembers to thank God for all his current favorites, "thank you Krissy, thank you Riley, thank you Daddy, etc!" Super sweet moments with a super sweet little boy.
I almost forgot another memorable moment this week. I left Joshua home with Daddy and went out to supper with a girlfriend! Joshua was not pleased with the idea at first. When I told him that Momma was going to go bye-bye, he yelled "NO!" and jumped into my arms and clung tight. I reassured him that he would be with Daddy and Momma would come back! Then we suggested that he wave bye-bye to Momma from inside Daddy's boat. Yep, subtle bribe as he LOVES to play in the boat but is rarely allowed to when it is in the garage. He went for that and happily waved to me as I drove away. I am told about half way through supper he melted down. We are learning what cries are heartbreak/fear/trauma based and which are true tantrums. This cry was a very sad one, but Daddy calmly comforted him.When Joshua continued to cry, Chad brought him outside and he settled down after a while. When I arrived home Joshua proudly told me how Daddy buried his feet in the sand, then I got LOTS of hugs and was closely followed the rest of the night. Joshua went to bed nicely which tells me that although he was challenged emotionally, he was also OK. Way to go Joshua! And THANK YOU Chad - you are an awesome, kind, wise, patient, brave Daddy! I appreciate you!