"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The "spa"

I went to the "spa" for the first time since coming home with Joshua Gebeyehu tonight. I put the word in spa in quotes because I am not sure it can still be called a spa when you travel with a posse!


I was in desperate need for a haircut. I love to get my hair cut because it is quiet, I am alone, and the beautician washes my hair. I love to have my scalp massaged and I rarely splurge on a massage - so a haircut is a treat!


Well, I have not been out of Joshua's ear shot since I picked him up from the care center. Sooooo guess who joined me for my spa adventure? Joshua, Brenna, and Daddy! It was not quite as tranquil as usual, but you have to give Chad some credit. No guy I know wants to sit in a chair with a silly 2-year-old in the middle of a spa while his girl gets her hair cut.

Necessary? We are not sure - but a snugly little boy was sound asleep by 8:35. No fear, tears, or trauma. That is better than a quiet haircut any day!