"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Following...

We are on vacation.  We are hanging out at a marvelous lake, enjoying both sunshine and shade, both excitement and quiet.  We are surrounded by Chad's whole family.  It is wonderful to be together.  It is sublime to talk, laugh, cook, and nap.

Everything should be perfect.

Everything should be totally peaceful.

But, unfortunately, the stresses of home have followed me like a swarm of angry hornets.  And while we are having a super time, I am struggling to truly relax and enjoy the moment.  Instead my mind continues to circle back, to swirl around decisions that will not possibly be made this week.  I wake with a sore jaw from clenching my teeth as I try to sort through different scenarios in my sleep.  It is so silly, so frusterating, so annoying!

God delivered this message to me this morning via my cellphone. (My phone, which I am bloggng from now, has an ap that sends me a Bible verse each morning.) These words were sent straight to my heart this morning.  "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 'This is the way, walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

I have mxed feelngs about this message.  On one hand I am releved to be reminded that in His time, the answers will come.  On the other hand, I am feeling like I should perhaps have my hearing tested because I am certainly NOT hearing His voice.

Waiting while wondering what should come next is not my strong suit.  I like a plan.  I like answers.  I like them to come on my timeline!

But while waiting expectantly is not something I enjoy, moving outside of His plan is much worse.  So, I will wait.  I will listen.  I will trust that He will speak.  And THEN  will follow.

(You will have to excuse my typos... blogging from a cellphone is a bit more difficult than from a computer.  However because writing clears my mind, I had to give it a try!  I will post many pictures from our fabulous week at the lake when we return!