"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Basement Basketball


 Boys basketball season has begun!  Which means a drastic change to our routine as several basketball games each week are added to our schedule.  Not that I am complaining!  I love to watch Jamison play!

Going to games has given Joshua "basketball fever!"
 Jamison is an incredibly patient coach!  Joshua is not the most teachable of players.  He prefers all the attention and none of the tips!
 So we hear a lot of "Jay!  My turn!" and "Hey mom!  Look at me!"  and "Jayyymisonnnn let me have the ball! (even though Joshua has his own ball)
 Jamison just laughs, rolls his eyes, and eventually picks up his little brother and tickles him.
 Once in a while, Joshua gives Jamison some space to display his moves.

Between these two basement basketball players, the sound of a basketball being dribbled and shot through a hoop permeates our home.  And I love it! 

Some day (far in the distance) our home will be silent,
so today I am thankful for the slap of the ball against the tile,
the victory yell after a tough shot is drained,
and even the arguing over whose turn it is to have the ball.

My boys playing basement basketball make my heart smile.