"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, January 16, 2012

His Heart of Worship

I am so thankful I took so much time to record all Joshua's firsts last winter.  I think both he and I needed to celebrate each accomplishment and transition.  As everything has stabilized (and I have gone back to work), I have not  been as good at recording each and every moment.  But once and a while there is a moment that just takes my breath away, a moment when I wonder if I should run for my camera or just stand in awe.

This morning was one of those magic moments.  A moment so simply pure that I want to hide it in my heart forever.

Joshua LOVES to play Chad's guitar.  LOVES is an understatement.  Some days he spends more time strumming the guitar than he spends playing with toys.  In fact on New Year's Eve he requested to play.  Chad was in the middle of cooking appetizers, and he told Joshua to go ahead and play.  Joshua asked for a pick.  Thinking that he would only play for about 4 minutes, like a typical 4 year old, Chad told Joshua that he could play without a pick.  Joshua played for about 45 minutes.  Then he put the guitar away.  Later that night he showed me his thumb, because there was "something funny on it."  He had a HUGE blister covering his whole thumb.  Chad felt terrible!  We now keep a pick right where Joshua can reach it!

Anyway, this morning I was picking up the house enjoying just being at home.  Joshua was in out bedroom strumming away as usual.  I paused for a minute trying to listen to the words of the song he was composing.  I am so glad I did. 

He was strumming and strumming while singing, "I yunna yorship you!  I yunna yorship you!" over and over and over with a purity and sincerity I can only hope to imitate.
 His sweet, pure, simple song brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my heart.

Can you even imagine how his Creator felt?