"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, January 12, 2012

She's Glowing


Krissy has inherited a bit of her Dad's love of cars.
Chad installed underglow lighting in her car for Christmas, and she loves it!


I have been attacked by a "killer cold" this week. Laying in bed this morning, I wondered how I would make it through the day.  Although I do not work at church on Thursday, I had a small mountain of work to do for Chad's business.  I also had a sizeable list of things I thought I should do around the house.

After my morning shower I was exhausted.  That convinced me that my list needed to be reduced to essential bookkeeping tasks and our family's laundry (clean undies are a must!).

Krissy had the day off, and I was feeling bad that I was not up to something fun.  Little did I know that she would be exactly what I needed to get through the day.  She helped me so much.  She played with Joshua while I got the paperwork I needed to get done completed.  She swapped loads of laundry and folded a load of clothes.  Best of all, she kept Joshua entertained while I took a 2 hour nap.  It was pure heaven.

I am feeling a bit guilty that she spent her day off taking care of me, but I could not appreciate it more.

Sometimes people ask how we could possibly "handle" having five children.  I always tell them that I am totally completely blessed by my kids.  They are now at the ages and stages where there is almost always someone to help me, almost always someone who likes me, and honestly, almost always someone who is irritated with me.  While I say that as a bit of a joke, I certainly appreciate the help that my kids so often provide.  I don't know what I would do without them!

(Chad, too!  He made breakfast and supper!  He knows my love language is not having to cook!)