"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Boys

I interrupt the crazed house planning tonight to catch you up on my boys!

I actually scavenged these photos off of text messages and facebook, which makes me laugh.  Somehow they seem "safer" here since I make this blog into a scrapbook every so often.

Last weekend, Chad tagged along on the church youth groups ski trip.  It is amazing how popular as 12 passenger van becomes on trips like this!  It is not usually a particularly cool vehicle!

I was excited for Chad to try skiing.  We are planning a family ski trip over Christmas next year, and I thought he might enjoy a little practice.

I was wrong!

He is smiling in this picture, but in all reality he thought skiing was the most terrifying thing he had ever done!  He says we will eat really well during our family trip because he will spend all his time in the condo cooking!

I do not know if I will like skiing or not, but I am SURE I will like eating during that trip!

 Now THIS was more up Chad's alley!

He totally enjoyed the arcade.
He is proud to report that he beat the game, and it only cost $1.50!

He still has the pro shooter stance.
His dad may not have enjoyed the snow, but Jamison LOVED it!

Look at that air!

I have heard reports that Jay has become a very good snowboarder.
I am looking forward to seeing it with my own eyes!


In addition to video games and ski slopes, many pranks were pulled on this trip.  Jamison loves a joke, so the pranking spirit followed him home.  He has flipped my shower head so I get a shower just by turning on the shower, saran wrapped the girls' toilet, and saran wrapped Sierra's door.  He think it is hilarious. 

My van still bears the mark of one of the kids' pranks.  Written in the dirt on the passenger door are the words, "Get in the van, I have puppies!"  So I have driven my mega momma mobile around all week looking like a creeper.  Good thing I have a decent sense of humor! (But I guess you have to have a bit of a sense of humor to drive a 12 passenger van on a daily basis, right?!?)

We have been working through some day care changes.  I am so thankful for the wonderful time Joshua had at Nicole's house these last two weeks!  Being a working mom is the hardest thing I have ever done, but having friends willing to love my son while I am away makes it so much easier!  Thank you Nicole for giving Joshua a home away from home during this transition.  I am beyond thankful!

***Thank you for praying for us as we plan the house.  By the end of tomorrow we should have every bid in!  We hope to start dirt week within 2 weeks.  We have been in contact with some subcontractors that promise they can work crazy fast.  I am both excited and a bit overwhelmed!  Chad and I work so well together.  I love that.  Thinking through products, budgets, and the many, many details that go with home construction quickly has gone so very smoothly.  Please continue to pray for us!  We may go from holding our completed plan to starting the build in less than a month!  Pray we make wise choices and that the process goes as smooth as the subs are selling!  I am scared to even get my hopes up, but there is a very real chance we will be in our new home before school starts!