"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Work Begins!

We spent the day working at our lot!
Pictured above is the early morning (OK 9:30 am) work crew.  We allowed Jamison to sleep in because he is growing like crazy AND because he works much more happily when rested. 
 This crew was AWESOME!  Everyone worked hard and had great attitudes.

The task of the day was far from glamorous.
We were cleaning up dead trees.

 Sierra says that by the end of the summer we will all be "country strong!"
 I asked the kids to stop working and pause for this photo.  I loved this tree.  Unfortunately, it was too rotten to salvage. 
Notice the shirt? 
He most certainly was Daddy's Little Helper!
He worked hard from 9:30 this morning until 5:30 this evening.
And he LOVED every minute of it!
Outside, helping Daddy is Joshua's favorite place to be!
He is make-me-laugh-cute in this begged for photo.
These girls worked HARD!  They are SMART, too.  This branch was too heavy for them to carry, so they rolled it!
Few things are as fun as being able to ride in a moving trailer!
Here is Daddy cutting up the monster tree!
It did not look like fun!

While Daddy worked on cutting up the monster tree, the kids and I filled the trailer with the branches we could lift. 
They were so fun to work with!  Sierra said, "I just love how I feel when I am working hard, helping my family!"  I could not agree more!
Krissy caught me being silly!
Work is more fun when there is laughter involved, right?!?
Finally Daddy succeeded in sawing through the monster tree. 
Joshua was very excited to ride in Daddy's new Bobcat skidsteer.
Jamison told me that by the end of the day Joshua knew how to turn the skidder on and off, how to steer, and where to plug in a phone or IPod for charging.  Joshua's love for equipment and attention for details never ceases to amaze us!
The trailer was loaded to the top three times today in order to clean up all the dead trees!

It was a good day!

Operation Fox Meadow House has officially begun!