"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, March 30, 2012

Peace Like A River

"For this is what the Lord says, I will extend to her peace like a river..."
Isaiah 66:12

"If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, your righteousness like the waves of the sea"
Isaiah 48:18


"God chose such a unique word to describe His peace - a river! A river is not calm and void of activity.  It is active and cleansing and confident of the direction it is headed in.  It doesn't get caught up with the rocks in its path.  It flows over and around them, all the while smoothing their jagged edges and allowing them to add to its beauty rather than take away from it.  A river is a wonderful thing to behold.  Beth Moore says, 'To have peace like a river is to have security and tranquility while meeting the many bumps and unexpected turns on life's journey.  Peace is submission to a trustworthy Authority, not the resignation from activity."  by Lysa TerKeurst in What Happens When Women Say YES to God.

I have nothing to add tonight.  I just loved these thoughts so much that I want to hide them in my heart forever.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid"
Jesus quoted in John 14:27

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything,
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God which transcends all understanding,

 will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7