"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, March 9, 2012

Sweetness in the Midst of Chaos!


What a week!

The downside of going on vacation is coming home from vacation and trying to catch up.  I always struggle from going to a relaxed state to the pace I need to run in my regular life.

Although I hope to forget much of this week, there were a few moments I hope to hide away!
  • We closed on our lot!
  • We have a completed drawings for our next home!  (Thanks Tasha!  I know the timing was TERRIBLE!)
  • My friend Nicole loved Joshua while I worked, and he had a wonderful time.  He even asked if he could please go back today!
  • And my kids never cease to make me smile!
  • Joshua is totally, completely fascinated by the (miracle) baby in his Auntie Teresa's tummy.  One day this week he asked me how the baby eats.  I explained that when Auntie Teresa eats she shares her food with the baby.  He thought for a while and then replied, "Mom that is G-Ross!  Yucky!  Auntie Teresa chews up the food for the baby?!  That is 'gusting! Him not want chewed up food!"  I tried to interrupt to explain, but he was on a rampage!  He continued, "And then the baby get her germs!  What if she sick? Him gonna get her sick germs!  That not OK get sick germs.  Right mom?!?"  I proceeded to do my very best to explain an umbilical cord.
  • While eating lunch that same day he stopped chewing and asked, "Mommy?  How Auntie Teresa gonna get her baby our of her tummy?"  We had met Chad for lunch, and Chad does not always appreciate my honest answers to our kids' questions. . . I felt Chad take a deep breath and hold it.  I answered Joshua, "The doctor will help get the baby out."  Only when he replied, "Oh, OK!"  did Chad release his breath.  We got off easy that time!
  • Jamison starts track in a couple weeks.  He had been asking me to take him to buy practice shoes and racing spikes all week.  Finally Wednesday night we went to the store on our way to church.  He happily chose his shoes.  (Shoes are most definitely Jay's love language.)  As we pulled up to church we saw Grandpa walking in.  Jay casually mentions, "Oh yeah.  Grandpa said he would buy my track shoes."  I elbowed him and asked why I just burned a hole in my wallet then?  He grinned and said, "I don't know.  I just like it when you buy my stuff."
  • Chad and Jamison (along with the youth group at our church) are on a ski trip in Terry Peak.  Chad has never skied.  We have promised to take the kids on a ski trip in lue of gifts next Christmas.  Krissy loves to ski, and that trip is something we have promised her for years.  Chad thought the youth group ski trip would be a good way to spend some time with Jamison and start practicing for next Christmas.  He called me this afternoon and had me in stitches.  He said that skiing is "the scariest thing he has ever done! You go flying down a steep mountain just hoping not to hit anything.  I get going so fast I have to choose to fall so I do not hit anyone.  It is nuts!"  Krissy and I are really wishing for some video!  (Jay, however, is having a blast!)
  •  As I was getting Joshua to bed last night, he started giggling.  It was a super-secret, super-excited kind of a giggle.  When I asked him what was up he replied, "Daddy is gone!"  I asked what was so exciting about that?  He erupted into giggles again.  When he finally settled down enough to answer he said, "When Daddy is gone, I get to sleep with you!"  He has insisted on sleeping in Daddy's spot, because "it is the boy side!"  And I do not mind my little cuddle partner one bit!  (since Daddy will be home soon that is)
I have to tell you I have a hard time believing that just one week ago I was on a sailboat watching whales swim with my sweetheart.  It was a really, really, really overstuffed week.  But those moments on the beach were worth every minute of overtime this week.  And chaos or not, I would not trade my life for anything!  However, I am trying to take a good look at it because a little less chaos would sure be good. 

Philippians 4:13 (which is Jamison's signature verse) says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  The question is what am I doing for me and of my strength?  And which things am I doing in and for Christ?