"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, June 15, 2012

Construction Update: Fully Framed!

I am feeling SO OPTIMISTIC as this week comes to a close.
 All of the walls on the main level of the new house are fully framed!

And for the first time, I can say I am really going to love it!

I have always liked this house.
But, I really struggled to love it.

Our current house was "my baby."
I found the layout for the kitchen, living room, and dining room - and I fell in love.  Chad designed the rest of the house around those rooms.  To this day, there are very few things I would change about them.  I really wanted to design another house around these rooms I love.

Chad thought it was time to move on.  I agreed in my head, but my heart was very slow to follow.  Until yesterday when I walked around this new home, I wished it were built more like what I know and love.  As this week progressed, Chad asked the framers to make a couple of minor changes, and last night, I finally walked through this house and could see it and feel it as our family's home.

We are both quite relieved!
 The highlight of the week is the STAIRS!

No more climbing a ladder up to the second level!
 The steps were completed on Wednesday and since I work late on Wednesdays I did not see them right away.  Joshua was SO EXCITED to show me the steps.  He was so cute!
 The upper level is also fully framed!

Usually the guys would set the rafters before building all the interior walls, but because the rafters were delayed they built the walls this week.  I am so thankful that they are doing everything they can to keep this project rolling!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the upper level.

It is just very me.
Simple, with lots of bedrooms (4)s, 2 bathrooms, a cozy lofted family room, and a big unfinished area to house "the triplets", my treadmill, and a whole lot of Christmas decorations.  It is exactly what I wanted.
This is my final reason to rejoice today!

Chad found a second camper for us! 
It was absolutely, positively filthy!  It truly took me 6 hours to clean it.  There were years worth of fly poop on the ceiling, bugs in the window ledges, mouse droppings under the couch, and opening the toilet made me gasp.

BUT after 6 hours of really hard work, it looks superior!
The three oldest kids will live in it, while Chad, Joshua, Brenna, and I will live right next door.
We will be living quite comfortably.  Chad had a second camper outlet put in at the shop, so both campers will have AC.  There is also a way to hook into the septic so we will have full sewer.  Quarters will be cramped compared to what we are used to, and showers will have to be short and sweet.  However all things we will be living in high style.

14 days from today we will spend our first night in the campers!

I am truly embracing the adventure!