"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Worst is Over (of the packing that is)

We got A LOT done this weekend.

The teen camper is clean, clean, clean.  (Which was a very big accomplishment in and of itself! YUCK!  Those sellers should be embarrassed!)

We also got the worst of the packing out of the way.

We moved all Chad's stuff from the garage.

 I know I keep saying it, but our kids rock!
They worked so hard this weekend, once again never complaining.

We had the majority of the Chad's "garage stuff" packed into the trailer in no time.

And then it was time to load THIS:
 The dreaded gun safe.

I know everyone has something they dread moving.
For us, it is Chad's gun safe.

It weighs about 1000 lbs unloaded.
UGH!
 Good thing the man had a plan.

He lifted up one corner, and had Jamison shove old broom handles under it to act as rollers.

 Then Jamison slowly pushed it forward.
Chad guided it.
Krissy kept putting the sticks under it.
(as the safe moved forward it rolled off the sticks and they needed to be replaced)
 Eventually they got the safe to the edge of the little shop in our garage.
Which just happens to be up three stairs.

Yeah, really.

Thank God for the tractor.
 Chad's plan was to push the safe onto the forks.

The problem was that the broom stick rollers could not be used, unless we wanted to to roll right off the forks.  So the kids pushed.

Can you tell I was a bit in awe of the proces?
 It was more than Krissy and Jay could push on their own, so
Chad climbed over the safe and back into the room to help.

It still makes me laugh a bit.
He looked so funny scaling the safe.
 They pushed and pushed, until it was far enough on the forks to use a come-along.

Slowly, so slowly, that massive safe was pulled into place.
 As you can see by the look on Chad's face, it was a bit intense -
 but in all reality,it was not too terrible either.

In 45 minutes or less we had that heavy beast out of the garage and on the flatbed trailer.
 Here is the big stuff all loaded up, ready to go into storage.
 And here is is SUCCESSFULLY UNLOADED!

THE WORST IS OVER!

The rest of the packing will feel so simple after this!
 One funny note today...
all of the taller Dietrichs were very busy unloading the trailers.
Joshua and Brenna were happily riding scooter in the empty parking lot.
Joshua was having a bit too much fun to stop and go potty.
I did not have any other clothes with for him.
So while his jeans dried in the sun, he rode scooter in his unders and cowboy boots.
He looked so funny!
(You will have to take my word for it.  No photos of that embarrassing moment because I am such a nice mom.  Now my teens are really rolling their eyes!)
This is the final accomplishment of the weekend!

The campers are set up and ready for me to move into!  I am so thankful my husband worked on this so early.  My mind is much more peaceful being able to move and organize things a bit at a time.  He knows me so well, and he chose to work on this early just to keep me happy.

It worked!
I am thrilled!

I hope you had a more rest-filled weekend than we did!  My body is tired, but my heart is peaceful.

11 days until we are full time campers!
I think I am going to be ready!