"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, June 25, 2012

Packing Up!

C-R-A-Z-I-N-E-S-S

That is what these last days have been filled with.
Total, complete craziness!

The moving truck came Friday morning, and I have not stopped moving since then.

Packing, loading, hauling, and filling the trailer went amazingly well.
We (Chad, Krissy, Jamison, and I) loaded ALL our stuff into the trailer.
I had no idea how strong, tough, and determined my teenagers are.

I am truly in awe.

Jamison hauled furniture all day long.
Even the REALLY HEAVY stuff, and never complained once.

Krissy did whatever we asked.
Cleaned, ran errands, packed, hauled.

I told Chad that what most excites me in this building process is NOT the house.
We are leaving a beautiful home.
And I love our neighborhood.

Will I love the next house, YES.
BUT, what I see as the biggest advantage to this crazy process is the character I see being built in our kids.  The amount of work the 7 of us can do is absolutely amazing.  Having "big" kids has kind of snuck up on me.  All of the sudden, we can accomplish more because of our kids - rather than having them slow us down a bit.  I can not tell you how much I appreciate and admire the help our kids have provided.  They have risen to the challenge, and I am beyond proud.


So..... 
as of tonight (Monday)
everything is loaded except the mattresses.
2 rooms are cleaned.

That leaves 3.5 bathrooms,
5 bedrooms,
2 refrigerators,
1 stove,
the laundry room,
the mud room
and the great room to clean.

It is funny,
you think you are clean...
until you move.

UGH!

While I have been cleaning like a crazy.
Chad has been working on campers.

THEY ARE NOT COOPERATING.
He has repaired water lines, replaced a water heater.
We thought we were good to go.

WRONG!

I went there yesterday to figure out where to put all our clothing,
and the air conditioner was not working.
No A/C on a camper parked on asphalt is NOT good.
It was 91* in the camper.

Then I went into the kids' camper.
The fridge was not working.

(insert scream)

So Chad spent this evening changing the a/c unit on our camper.
I am thankful they had one in town.
Not thankful about the cost.
Chad has chosen not to share that with me just yet.
Yet, it is cheaper than rent...

The fridge situation is still on his to-do list.
Camper fridges are pricey.
We could just put a dorm fridge in.
But since we will have to have a fridge in it to sell it, we may as well enjoy it.

UGH!
It will be an interesting week!

One funny story thought:
We had planned on sleeping in the campers last night, so I had packed most everything except the food.  My brain could not process packing food, getting clothes put away for 7 was as much as I could process.  When we got to the steamy camper, our plans quickly changed.  We unpacked and went back to the house to sleep.

When we got home, Krissy wanted a drink.
I told her there was lemonade in the fridge.
She grabbed the lemonade, but could not find a cup.
Yeah, I packed them all.

Thankfully, we found some pint size jars.

Then Joshua wanted a bedtime snack.
I told him we had his favorite - nutella and peanut butter sandwiches.
He was thrilled.

I soon discovered I had packed all the knives,
so
I made his sandwich with my fingers.

Yeah, gross!

Oh, we laughed!
We are embracing this crazy adventure with as much gratitude and humor as possible.

Pray for us this week.
There is much to do!

Also, pray for Sierra.
She is in CO for a mission trip.
She send me the sweetest email today.
I will share it soon.

She is a treasure.
She inspires me.