"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, June 29, 2012

Our Young Missionary

I am so far behind!

In so many aspects of life - work, laundry, bill paying, etc...

It has been among the busiest, craziest weeks of my life, and at some point I will catch up on all that!

First though, I must share just a tiny bit about where our Sierra-girl was this week.
 Last Saturday, in between handing "custody" of Chad's swordfish to the Ault's and packing a moving trailer, we sent Sierra and Tishina off on their very first mission adventure.

(Chad decided he should be in the farewelle photo, too.)

 They traveled to Colorado with a group from our church to attend a mission experience set up specifically for pre-teens.  My dad went with as the boys chaperone.  One of my BFFs , who also happens to be our church's Children's Ministry Coordinator, Ashlee went with to watch over our girls.

Their mission was to serve the community of Loveland, CO in any way asked.

I attended a similar trip with Krissy and Jamison a couple of years ago, and it was awesome!  I am so excited that Sierra had the same opportunity.


  
 They are loaded up and ready to serve!

I was so thankful Ashlee was with my Sierra. Trips like these are BIG, life changing and life challenging experiences.  I was beyond thankful that there was a woman with that I trusted totally to shepherd my daughter through.  (I was happy her Grandpa was there too, of course!  He is a trooper.  He served these kids all year, and he took a week off from his job to attend this trip with them.  Very cool!)
That was the last have seen of our girl!

However, she has emailed and texted and called many times.

Her first email made me cry.
Proud, happy, awe-struck tears.


"Dear Mom and Dad,
Hey!!! I miss you SOOOOOOOOO much!!! I am having ALOT of fun here!  In each group we all haev a job.  I really felt God calling me to be the devotion leader. So thats what I asked for and luckily nobody else wanted it so I just asked and they said sounds good! I really enjoy getting to do daily devotions for my crew I also enjoy getting to pray for them, the day, the kids we served today, and our traveling!  I miss you and love you see you soon!

SFD

The rest of the week was filled with highs and lows.
However, I have no doubt that God was with her, teaching her, and using her.

Tomorrow she returns!
I am hoping she will blog about her trip.

If not, I needed to take a moment out of this craziness, and celebrate her heart.  Sierra's beautiful, brave heart that chooses to serve her Jesus.