"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Daughter, the Cheerleader

Ever since Sierra was big enough to walk my mom has said, "She is going to be your cheerleader!"
 
To my mom, the thought was both hilarious and delightful!  You see, my mom was once a cheerleader.  I, on the other hand, went through high school saying snotty things about cheerleaders.  (Not one of my kinder and gentler moments, but true!)  My mom, being a former cheerleader, did not approve of my sarcasm.
 
As Sierra has grown, I have often described her to people as irrepressible.  Nothing gets her down for long.  She is loyal, joyful, and full of heart.  She would do anything for a friend.  She truly oozes enthusiasm, pure sweetness, and absolute love.
 
All of these pure, beautiful, and very real characteristics make her the perfect cheerleader! And I can honestly say this cheer scoffer has been reformed! I am sincerely proud of my cheerleader!