"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, January 4, 2013

Pranksters

These two crack me up!
 
They are constantly pranking each other.
 
Jamison is stealthy.  He is king of the pranksters.  He loves a joke, and his favorite person to pick on is Sierra.  He loves to mess with her phone.  He has switched contact names around, so when she thought she was texting her dad it was really her BFF.  He has deleted contacts, so when she got a text from her BFF she asked "who is this?"  He has also hidden her toothbrush, relocated her drum set, and tricked her into believing all sorts of crazy stories.
  
Because it is all meant to be silly and fun, it is hilarious to me!
 
However, Sierra does not always agree.  The last time Jay messed with her phone she was seeing red!  Unfortunately for her, that only makes us all giggle.  There is no one as cute as Sierra when angry.  She means to be rough, tough, and mean - but in actuality she is just so stinkin' cute we all just laugh.
 
This week, to make up for all the times I have laughed about Jamison's pranks, I helped Sierra prank her big brother.
 
He knew it was coming, so he hid all his "valuables" and locked his door.  He then put all the keys to the bedroom locks (you know the little pokey toothpick looking thing that comes with a lock set) in his pocket for the day.
 
I may or may not have helped Sierra find a key I had hidden, and while Jay was at winter training, Sierra got to work.  She sprayed glittery perfume on all his clothes and on his bedding.  She hid his underwear, shampoo, toothbrush, etc...  Then she toilet papered his whole room before relocking it.  The only foreshadowing of her handiwork was a sign she posted on his door that said "Karma" and was signed SD. 
 
I wish I had taken a picture of that sign, it made me laugh out loud.
  
When Jamison got home, he was one cool customer.  He surveyed the damage, cleaned up the mess, washed a couple of loads of clothes, unpacked his valuables, and said "Hmmm. I thought it would be worse."  (Is that a dare, or what?!?)
 
I am a bit worried to see who gets whom next!  Not!  I am actually totally enjoying their good natured bantering, (while watching to make sure it does not become mean-spirited or our of control, of course!).
  
 

 
Pranks or not, Sierra thinks Jamison hung the moon.  The photo above is her current FB cover photo.
 
And Jay?  He may love to pick on his little sis - but I have a feeling if anyone else tried to, they would have to answer to him!
 
I am so thankful for the energy, joy, and laughter these two bring to our home.