"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, February 1, 2010

Chatting!

Families from IAN have a yahoo group. Get this, I have been taking part in a chat room! Could my life be changing any more? I am the girl that refused to be a part of facebook or any social networking because I did not want to spend my out of work time clicking away on a computer. I am also the girl that did not want the whole world peaking in on her life. I like privacy and face to face - cups of coffee or a glass of wine with a girlfriend, not cyber relationships. Do kids change you or what?!?

This blog has been an easy way to keep lots of people informed on our adoption process. I want our wonderful family and friends to know what is happening right now. I honestly have not had the time of emotional energy to personally relay all of these events to everyone I would like to. This blog has also been my personal journal. I have felt compelled, maybe even called, to share all the miracles that have occurred and continue to occur as we work to bring Joshua G. home. God has been so close in this process. I am learning, growing, and constantly being stretched as I learn to trust Him and follow Him more. So many amazing "coincidences" have occurred. I feel like they have to be recorded. They have to be out there for the world to see, so that God can be glorified.

The chat room, now that is a new experience. I have decided I need some sort of a spread sheet to figure out who is who, where they live, who they are adopting, etc... It is still very confusing! However, I have been able to gather a lot of information. It is a great source of support especially for the specific questions about the care center where G. Joshua lives, travel, attachment, language, etc... So it is another stretch, but I am grateful for a place to learn and for a group of people that are "in the know."

I did not confess to my kids until tonight at supper that I have joined a chat group. It was an uproar! I was nearly sent to my room. (I have not allowed them to be a part of any online chat situations. Not a popular decision, but one I plan to stick to.)

Anyway, I tell you all that about the yahoo group because that is where my story begins today.
One of the moms that traveled posted a note about Joshua G. So I emailed her to see if she had seen him or met him during her trip.

Her response was something about which G.? The infant or the toddler? Now I thought that was funny because to us Joshua's Ethiopian name "G" is pretty unique. But maybe not?

Anyway... I responded that our G. is 2 ish.

She asks if he is huge?

I respond that I do not know. I only have seen a picture of his face, which has chubby cheeks, but he is only 22lbs according to his medical which is not huge.

She does some more checking and emails me with a description of our son that I never would have expected. She called our son a TANK! Isn't that wonderful?!? I have been so worried about him being hungry and frail. Her first adjectives about him were "huge" and "tank". Yeah!!!

She also said that her opinion of his age is more like 1.5 to 2 years than over 2. She said he is in the baby room, but is walking and getting around well. She said he was sweet and cuddly.

I can not tell you how exciting it was today to hear these bits and pieces about our boy. To hear a personal account of him instead of just official paperwork was golden.

I also learned that he is most likely still in a crib and I am definitely assuming he in diapers. I will confess I am not too excited about potty training another little guy, but at least I have experience! I may also need to rethink his room set-up. I had planned on putting him in a twin bed, but if he is still in a crib at the care center I will want to have him in a crib once he comes home too. Anyone have a crib I can borrow for my Ethiopian tank?!? Can you tell I am more than a little excited?