"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, February 26, 2010

Construction Worker?

For the first time since we started our business I worked with "the crew" yesterday. It was actually very fun to help out in a more hands-on way than usual. What did they let me do? Paint!

I have very few construction skills, but I can paint! The guys have been working lots of overtime to make a project deadline and when I heard that some walls needed to be repainted I was happy to help. They were fairly shocked to see me there as a "worker" instead of "office staff". It was kind of fun to surprise them.

I wish I could report that they were blown away by my skills, however I must confess that what they were all talking about after hours was my mistake. I touched up some walls with the wrong color paint - but I did stay later than they did to fix my error.

Anyway, it was a fun adventure. I would absolutely join them again given the chance. I am so proud of the quality work they do, and they could not have been kinder to me yesterday. (Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I sign the paychecks that they will receive today? Most likely!)