"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, February 22, 2010

Ethiopian Art and other Updates

I ordered this beautiful picture of the Ethiopian coffee ceremony a while ago, and I finally got it framed and hung tonight. (I found the frame for $15 at Hobby Lobby today, yeah for sales!) I really love it! I found it on The Ordinary Hero blog. Kelly - the founder of The Ordinary Hero foundation - is a photographer and is selling some of the pictures she took on a recent trip to Ethiopia to raise money for the foundation. She had quite a few to choose from. I had a hard time deciding! You can view them at the very bottom of her blog - the link is listed on the left hand side of my blog. Or you can just click below if you would like to check out this photo in more detail.

We received some really detailed email updates about the care Joshua G. is receiving in Ethiopia today. A traveling family has posted glowing praise for our agency, their staff, and ethics. They were able to travel to the area in Ethiopia where Joshua was born - Sidama. They spoke to the staff that cared for him (and their child obviously) when he was first relinquished. They gave a glowing report of how legally and ethically all proceedings are carried out. They commented on their respect for the staff and the quality care that is given to children from the moment they arrive. They also were comforted by how kind the man who drives the children from Sidama to Addis Ababa is, feeling that he made the transition as painless as possible for the children. This is the first parent report I have seen about the Sidama staff. I am very thankful for the information and the reassurance it gives me that they did everything possible to help Joshua G. physically and emotionally during that transition. One of the things that I grieve is that I could not be there for him at that time. How I wish I could have held him and comforted him right away, from the moment he needed me.
This same family is now in Addis Ababa loving on their new daughter. They went to the
Care Center where Joshua is currently living. This is what they had to say about our son. G. was waving, happy, smiling! He's a little chubby and liked the writer's husband. He sat on her lap and she gave him lots of snuggles. Sister Almaz - head caregiver at the center - says he has changed so much from when he first arrived, so much stronger. Very, very happy guy!
Those words made a challenging Monday so much more bearable! Happy, smiling, getting stronger, yeah Joshua G! Way to go little man! You keep growing. And "don't worry, be happy!" Mommy, Krissy, and Grandma Donna will be there ASAP to bring you home!
Come on court date!