"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I love technology!

The title of this post makes me laugh. Six months ago I did not love technology. It was something I used for my job - that's it! Since beginning the process to bring Joshua home it has become my lifeline. I have been able to learn so much through this amazing computer of mine.


Last night I was able to talk to a mom that was in Ethiopia when we accepted Joshua's referral. She was picking up her twin baby boys and she spent several days at the care center. (That is much more time than most traveling families spend there.) She came home emailed video and photos to IAN. She also let my coordinator know that she really would like to talk to me. I got this info through my email and last night was able to speak with her.

It was so awesome to speak with someone who had seen and held my son. Words can not contain the joy, reassurance, and anticipation the conversation I had with her brought me. Here are some of the things she told me about Joshua G.
  • He is right around 18 mo. (I feel good about that age now, give or take a month or 2)
  • He is very sweet! She told me that she really connected with him and that we have a very special guy waiting for us.
  • He is walking just like he should given his age. He gets around well and she saw him take off in a "baby run" several times.
  • He sleeps like a rock - nothing disturbs his sleep - and he snores.
  • She thinks she remembers him sucking his thumb. (Sierra, our former thumb-sucker is thrilled. Me too. It may make for some expensive orthodontics, but he does not have a mama right now so I hope he has his thumb.)
  • He is a little shy at first but blooms when he realizes you want to give him attention.
  • He is curious, likes to see how things work.
  • He plays well by himself.
  • He is often dressed in pink. (Something that will change say Dad and Jay!)
  • He has the nannies wrapped around his finger and is allowed to do whatever he wishes. (Have fun disciplining after that! says Krissy. It may bring a few challenges, but I have a feeling he will be the King of our castle too. Especially at first!)
  • He is a big heavy boy, doing well, but definitely has a "third world belly." (I spoke with one mom at the beginning of this process who told me her 1ish yr old daughter's belly decreased several inches after being home for a while.) So Joshua G. is growing but we still need to expect some malnutrition and most likely parasite issues.
  • This mom really loved my boy! (makes me sniff)

She also told me to rest assured that he is loved and known by his caretakers. I am continually blessed as I wait by glowing reports in respect to the caretakers and the facility he is at. I am so thankful! It makes waiting much easier.

***Chad got the texture sprayed in Sierra's new room last night! She and I will buy paint Thursday night and paint all weekend - think lime and purple! She is SO excited!

***Krissy's passport came in the mail today!

We got our I-171H today! We have US government approval to adopt Joshua. Now we just need a court date!