"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

New Son...Too far away to hold yet

First time for me to write a post. Alicia sent me her password. As some of you know Alicia picked up our son on Sunday and it has been going pretty good. Our kids at home and I went camping for the weekend with my sister and her husband. We had a good time. The weather was nice and we were able to tube and watch Jeremy surf behind his boat...pretty cool. Saturday was a lot colder so we ran the generator a lot and watched a few movies.

Sunday we packed up and came home before noon so we could video call Alicia and Gebeyehu. Bummer....no internet in Ethiopia on Sunday. It has been hard for us to stay home. I am used to spending a lot of time with Alicia. We work together in addition to doing everything else together.

Since then we have been able to talk and laugh some. I sent her an email yesterday that I accidentally sent to my mom. Alicia had a good laugh about that. They are next to each other in my address book.

Yesterday I took Brenna, Sierra, and Jamison to Iron Man 2. We had a good time. Today the kids are spending time with my Mom. Wednesday and Thursday they are going to spend with Grandpa Scott going to Medora. They are very excited. They are so excited to meet Gebeyehu and to have Mom home. It is good to keep them busy because the time will go a little faster.

When I get time I will post Alicia's latest email. She can't log into her blog from Ethiopia.

One thing I was excited about today was that I heard our new boy likes toy cars! None of our kids have liked them. I loved toy cars as a little kid. It will be fun.

Chad