"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

16 Years Together

Chad and I celebrated our 16th Wedding Anniversary last week in the midst of our "5 day camping trip." It was a particularly nostalgic anniversary as so many things have happened during this last year.

The picture to the right was taken on our 15th Anniversary. Last year Chad and I snuck away to relive our honeymoon. We were still teenagers when we married -19! We had no money, so we borrowed my mom and dad's tent and camped on our honeymoon. It was hot, then rainy - really, really rainy - as in a river running through the tent rainy. But perfect nontheless as we were so very happy to be together and MARRIED!

So we returned to the same lake for our 15th Anniversary. We left the kids at my mom and dad's and totally relaxed and reflected on the last 15 years. So much had changed. We camped in the comfort of our camper! Fished from the boat instead of off shore. We toasted with wine - big deal as the last time we had been there we were too young to drink! We had a great time together and really counted our blessings.






In many ways we felt we had "arrived." We were done having kids (yep, totally). We were having a blast watching them grow! Our business was busy and feeling stable. We were content - life was not perfect, but comfortable, stable and secure.














Fast forward one year and the only thing similar about the celebration was the campfire!

Our 16th Anniversary was just as busy as the year has been!


The morning of our Anniversary, Chad rolled over, wrapped his arms around me and whispered, "Happy Anniversary, honey!" Joshua snuggled in from the other side and said, "Happy Joshua Day!"


What a year it was! It was so filled with memorable moments, both good and bad. A year that God broke our hearts and brought us our little man. A year that we traveled more than ever before. A year when we have questioned what God wants us to do and be more than any other. A year that was oh so challenging from a business stand point. It was a hard year. I do not want to do it again!

But just look at our blessings!


Yes, we are blessed beyond anything we ever imagined on our first honeymoon 16 years ago.

Without a doubt, my biggest earthly blessing is my husband who loves me so perfectly. I am not always easy to love, but he always chooses to love me anyway. In all the stress, chaos, questioning, joy, and tears of the last year he alone has totally, completely been there for me. He has watched out for my heart and my needs more than ever before. He has prayed with and for me more than ever before. Our world was rocked over and over this last year but we weathered the storm hand in hand, heart to heart, and on our knees. This year we have learned more than ever before that...

"A chord of three strands is not quickly torn apart." Ecclesiastes 4:12

Thank you my sweet prince for holding on tight! It is an honor to be your wife.