"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy!

It was Chad's birthday today! He is not a cake fan so we had birthday pie. Chad's big smile in this picture is due to Joshua singing "Happy Birthday" at the top of his lungs. We practiced all day and Joshua had it down!

Chad is very, very hard to buy a gift for. If he wants something, he buys it. One thing he has talked about off and on for years is a tattoo. So... the kids and I surprised him with a gift certificate for one! He was shocked. I was thrilled to see him get a little pale at the thought. (Sorry, unkind I know. But a certain man I love gave me diamond earrings one year as a bribe to get me to double pierce my ears. I am just getting even.)

I bought temporary tattoos to put on Chad and all the kids, just for fun. I hope Daddy sits this nice for the real thing!
Can't have a birthday without balloons. Joshua and Daddy had a little fun.

We had our first dinner party since Joshua came home. It was very small - only Chad's mom and Grandparent's - but we all had a nice time.

Happy Birthday Chad! I do not know what you wished for, but I am praying for a simpler year. One filled with laughter, pleasant customers, profitable jobs, and lots and lots of time at the lake. I love you babe!