"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, September 17, 2011

He Raced, I Cried.

Jamison RACED  today, and it was awesome!

Jamison has run really well at each of the cross country meets.  It has been so fun to watch and cheer.  But until today he had not really raced.  He had always seemed just a little bit hesitant, a tiny bit unsure, not quite willing to push it to the limit.

Today he raced!  He ran with joy, bravery, and guts.  He ran with confidence.  He ran faster and harder than I have ever seen him run... all the way to the finish.  It was so awesome.

When he walked up to us after his race, I could not help but get teary.  I know my family thought I was a little loopy, but to watch my son totally go for it, to run his best race, and leave it all on the course was totally inspiring to me.  That is how I want to live.  I do not want to live carefully, I want to live each day with passion and courage.  I want to live a joyful, gutsy life. I do not want to be satisfied with running well, I want to race.

Just like my son.

Thanks Jay, for inspiring me.  I am so proud of you - not because you finished 13th, although that is something you should be proud of.  I am proud of you for daring to race.  You raced well son.  Congratulations!