"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, September 26, 2011

"Joshua Coming Home" By Sierra

(The following is a memoir, written by our sixth grader, Sierra.  I am publishing it here (with her permission) because it is so very beautiful.)

The day that Joshua Gebeyehu Chad D. came home was one of the best days of my life.

The adoption process felt like forever, but one day my mom got a call saying that she can go to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia in Africa to get Joshua. (At the time we called him Gebeyehu)  We were laughing, crying, screaming, thanking God, and we were just so happy, and scared, and excited! My family was scared because we didn't know what Ethiopia looked like, sounded like, and smelled like.

The day after the last day of school was the day my mom, sister, and my grandma went went to the airport to Addis Ababa to get Joshua.  That night I cried.

After ten days of torture that my brother wasn't home, came the day I got to go to the airport to see my brother not in a picture.

My dad, brother, sister, Grandma, Grandpa, me, and a close family friend were waiting, and then we saw it, the plane that they were on fly by the window.  Then we saw my mom, sister, Grandma, and precious little JOshua sleeping in my mom's arms.  My mom had tears running down her cheeks when we finally got to hug and say I love you after ten days.  When we all saw and hugged everyone waiting and then we finally got Joshua to his permanent home and family.

Family is where your heart begins to beat!  I love you Joshua!!