"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, September 10, 2011

My "Grandchild!" and more Cross Country

Krissy has an exhausting homework assignment this weekend!  She is "mommy" to "baby" Kalika.  Kalika is actually a high tech dolly that Krissy is caring for as a part of her child development class.  Kalika cries at random times, day and night, and Krissy has to discern why.  She has bottles, diapers, a car seat, diaper bag, and clothes.  Baby kalika woke Krissy up three times last night.  Today krissy is tired!  She told me she really wanted a nap, but why bother?  As soon as she dozed off "baby" was sure to need something!  I told her I had "never" felt that way!

It is a great homework experience!  However, we are all really thankful that baby Kalika will be returned to school MOnday morning!  Someday I will be so very thrilled to be a Grandma, but NOT yet!

The best part of my day was spent at Jay's cross country meet!
"and they're off!"
Jamison is the "green guy" with red soles on his shoes.
He likes this picture because he looks so tall!
One of the things I love about cross country is that spectators do not sit in stands!  Each of these pictures were taken in different spots on the 1.8 mile course.  I love jogging across the golf courses to catch a glimpse of Jamison as he runs by at different areas of the route.  Today I got smart and insisted Joshua ride in the jogging stroller.  It was WAY easier than having him on my hip when we need to be really fast!  Daddy prefers to catch the beginning and end of the race.  He thinks I am a little crazy - but I am loving it!
Almost done!
Jamison is sporting new shoes this race.  He was experiencing killer shin splints.  I did a little research and learned that sometimes a new pair of shoes is the cure.  I was debating whether or not to shell out the cash for another pair of shoes... his were only a few weeks old... when Grandpa came to the rescue.  New shoes have been a major blessing!  Jamison has been pain free all week!
Racing to the finish!

I love this picture!  The man on the right is the kids' coach.  In the end Jamison ran down his teammates and finished 39th.