"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Riding the Bus



Sierra and Brenna began riding the bus this week.

Brenna is thrilled! 

Sierra is surviving.

Momma is feeling guilty. 

I HATED riding the bus when I was a kid.  I feel Sierra's pain all too acutely, but on the flip side, it is so very convenient.  It is free!  The bus comes right to the end of our driveway.  It only extends the girls' school day by about 20 minutes each way.  And I can pick Joshua up from Denise's house and arrive home just before the girls.  I feel so very blessed to be able to be home with all my kids in the afternoon.

So, we are all adjusting... compromising... adapting to a new routine.  Change is challenging.  Yet all in all I am shocked, awed, and totally impressed with how well each member of our household is doing.

I am thankful, very, very thankful for your prayers.

Joshua will be with me tomorrow, but on Friday will be back at Denise's.  Will you please pray specifically that he eats?  He did not eat at her house again today (might have had something to do with the 4 do-nuts his daddy let him have for breakfast) not even the sandwich I had packed him.  While I know he is not going to starve, it still makes me sad to know he is unsure enough to have a worried tummy.  He has done so well in the evenings and continues to sleep normally all key signals that he is handling things alright - but he is certainly being stretched.