"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Never Fail Gravy

You would think that since I post recipes once in a while that I would love cooking.  In truth, I love finding simple ways to cook so that I have more time for things I truly enjoy!

Anyway, last winter I discovered this super-simple, never-fail gravy recipe.  It is seriously yummy, and it takes NO effort! 

In a crock pot combine:
  • 2 - 3 lbs round steak (cut into pieces) or meatballs (the ones from the freezer section work)
  • 2 pkg. onion soup mix (I like the beefy onion soup mix best)
  • 2 cans (10 oz) cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 soup can water
Put the cover on the crock pot and cook on low 3-6 hours (depending on the meat you choose.)

A couple of Sundays ago, I dumped 2 bags of frozen meatballs and these ingredients in my crock pot before church.  We returned home a couple of hours later, and all I had to do was boil and mash some potatoes before serving up a "real" Sunday dinner.

Enjoy!