"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, February 6, 2012

Starting the Day Lysa's Way


(Yes. This photo cracks me up, too.  It looks like a teen-age facebook profile picture with a part of my reflection in the mirror.)


This winter our women's Bible study, which I have affectionately nicknamed the "Lunch Ladies" because we meet over noon hour each Friday, is reading and trying to live out Lysa TerKeurst's book What Happens When Women say YES to God.  Being able to be a  central part of this Bible study is the biggest blessing of my job!  I am encouraged, inspired, challenged, and loved by this group of ladies each week.  Meeting with them makes me want to be more and serve better, not because they (or God) will not accept me if I am not "performing," but because it is just so exciting to see and hear God working in each of our lives. 

One seemingly very small way that I have been inspired by our study and Lysa's book has come in the very simple prayer that is taped to my bathroom mirror (pictured above).  Each morning as I am dragging my sleepy body out of bed and into the shower, I pause to brush my teeth.  As I am brushing my teeth, I can not help but to read the words of Lysa's prayer.  (It certainly beats the view of myself in the mirror pre-shower!)  This prayer has begun to direct my day.


God, I want to see You.
God, I want to hear You.
God, I want to know You.
God, I want to follow hard after You
And even before I know what I will face today,
I say YES! to You.
Amen


Isn't it beautiful? 

And even more beautiful than the words is the openness and excitement that dedicating my day to saying YES! brings to my heart and mind.

I highly recommend starting your day the same way!


(Some day very soon I will share Lysa's strategy for discerning if the thoughts/ideas/dreams/intuitions you have flow into your heart and mind are just "crazy" or are totally Godly.  I love it, and I know you will too.)

If you are in Bismarck, I would love, love, love to have you become a "lunch lady."  Message me if you are interested.  I promise you will leave inspired and encouraged.