"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Too Funny to Forget!

 A couple of weeks ago I took our oldest three out for lunch.  As we sat waiting for our food, I gazed at my biggest kids and just started to giggle.  These three were born in 3.5 years.  When they were all little and we went out to eat, I would pack a big bag of toys.  They always played so nicely as they waited for their food.  Fast forward 12 years and they still play nicely while they wait for their food!  The only difference is that now they pack their own toys!
 First of all, look closely at this photo.
Notice how Joshua is cheek to cheek with his daddy and the way he is laying causes his daddy's shirt to say "son?" Don't you think that is a fun coincidence?

Chad brings Joshua to Kristen's house each Wednesday so that I can go into work super early.  This week, Joshua was being even pokier than usual.  (Joshua moves to the beat of his own drum, and it is NOT a fast beat!)  Chad finally got Joshua into the vehicle and was half way to Kristen's when he realized that Joshua had not brushed his teeth.  Always ready for plan B, Chad stopped at the nearest gas station to buy a pack of gum.  He figured chewing gum would at least disguise the morning breath.

Now Joshua tells me, "I not need brush my teeth!   I just chew gum.  Then I not have stinky teeth.  Daddy says!"

 Joshua is addicted to button-up shirts and ties.  Seriously.  Unless they are all dirty, he wears a tie every single day.
Last night Brenna rode home from church with Chad.  When I got home, she ran to me and when I stooped down to give her a hug I noticed she was crying.  After she calmed down enough to talk she told me that she had heard her dad talking on the phone about a mountain lion that was spotted in town.  After he hung up the phone, he joked with her that we had better watch out for Riley (our dog) or sometime when we let him our to go to the bathroom a mountain lion may sneak in and get him.  You never know, he joked, we might go to let him in and only find his collar.  Even though she knew he was joking, the thought of a mountain lion eating her beloved Riley was terrifying.  Poor girl!

Last funny kid story, I promise.

Last Saturday I was working diligently to clean our house because it was going to be shown (3 times) to potential buyers.  Joshua was being quite uncooperative and trying to wear his dirty boots on my clean floors.  Krissy, trying to help me out, told him "Joshua, you better take off your boots or Mommy will bite your head off when she sees you."  Little man came running to me crying BIG tears.  I scooped him up and he told me, "Mommy, Krissy say you bite mine head off.  That not nice!  You not do that, right?!  You never bite me.  Tell Krissy!"  Poor Krissy was flabbergasted!  She looked at me and said, " Mom, I just meant. . ."  Then we both burst in hysterical laughter as we tried to explain the figure of speech to a freaked out four year old!

I am so thankful for the laughter that fills our home!