"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Remembering to Be Joyful

Some weeks do not go quite as expected.  I usually do a pretty good job of rolling with the changes, but this week I failed miserably. And while I continue to struggle a bit, I am also realizing as I chose stubbornness, frustration, and grief this week - I forgot to be joyful. 

Unexpected change of plans or not, I have much reason to be filled with JOY every day.

Here is a peak at the JOYFUL moments of my week.

 There is so much comfort and joy that is shared between a girl and her dog. 
 As "head chef" in our family, I cook - A LOT!  I am a competent cook, and I do my best to provide my family with healthy, affordable, tasty meals.  But Chad, he LOVES to cook.  He is creative and passionate in the kitchen.  His joy for cooking is something we all appreciate.  (Pictured above is his new specialty - stuffed crust pizza!)
 Smiling siblings, playing silly games bring great joy to us all.
My absolute favorite sound, is the sound of my children laughing.
Their giggles bring instant joy to my heart, every single time!

I am choosing joy today.

"This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:24

(Because I know you are wondering, nothing too earth shattering happened this week.  We just decided to leave our house on the market.  I was really looking forward to pulling it.  Submitting to my husband did not come easily, but it is what I am called to do.  I am most thankful that we rest in the knowledge that God is in control.)