"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, February 24, 2012

Sold!

It has been one of the busiest weeks of my life.

Chad and I leave for Hawaii tomorrow morning very early, so the week was filled to brimming with packing, working ahead at all of our jobs, basketball games, concerts, meetings, and house showings.  My schedule was truly daunting, even for me!

For example yesterday I: cleaned the whole house top to bottom, shoveled snow, watched a friends son, did some important research online, payed bills and ran payroll for our business, took the kids to supper (while our home was shown), watched a basketball game, attended Brenna's school program, started and finished one week's worth of laundry, and had new adoptive friends over for coffee.  YIKES!

The big news of the day/week is that TODAY our home was sold.  WHEWWW!  No more home showings!!!!  We need to be moved out by May 31.  We are so thankful that it has sold, and we do not have that to worry about.

However, we are not fully prepared to build.  We do not have full plans or prices or financing in place.  We should (hopefully) be ready to start when the ground is thawed.  Even so, it is unlikely we will have our new home completed until Sept. 1.  That leaves us with 3+ months of "homelessness."  Ugh!

Our tentative solution is to purchase a second camper and to have the 7 of us live in between 2 campers.  (Doesn't that sound like a crazy adventure?!?)  The plus side of that is we would live rent free.  We would be able to resell the camper.  The negative is, well actually living in a camper for 3 months.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE camping.  But there is just NO place like home!

I am also concerned about leaving the older kids at home in a camper while I work.  Wondering about laundry, personal space, small water heaters, etc. . .

Similarly, I do not know what this means as we consider another adoption.  On one hand we would be crazy to consider adding another child to our camper-housing situation.  On the other hand, it would be the perfect time for me to take a 12 week "maternity" leave as our expenses will be much diminished.

So, tonight I have more questions than answers!  And that is OK.  I am way too tired to try and figure anything out. Answers will come in time (though I am a terrible waiter.)

Anyway, there is light at the end of the tunnel!  My bag is packed, my alarm is set, and tomorrow at this time I will be walking the beach!  I am so very thankful for some time to rest and reflect before the next crazy season of our family begins!

Please pray this week that
  • my Grandma will have a successful shoulder replacement surgery
  • God will be near our kids while we are away.  My parents are staying here, and Chad's mom and many friends will also be helping with their care.  I am so thrilled to report that I am not worried!  I think they will all do great, especially Joshua. 
  • Sierra's drum solo will go well tomorrow.
  • Jamison will play to the best of his ability during his basketball tournaments this week.
  • God will bless all the special people who will be caring for our kids, and that He would fill our home with peace, gentleness, and love.
  • things will go smoothly in our business while we are away.
  • Chad and I have a very special time of rest. reflection, and recuperation.  That He would provide clarity, unity, and direction on some child-related decisions.
  • the road to our new home would be a "fast track!"
As always, I am so very thankful that God has a plan!  Praying He will be glorified as we do our best to follow Him.