"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Construction Update: Almost Ready for Siding and Windows

It has been a long time since I have posted a construction update!

 The framing crew is nearly finished!
 They have a tiny bit more sheeting to do, and a couple more windows and doors to cut out.

I was so excited when they finished this end of the house yesterday.
I have been waiting to see just how this big wall of windows would look!
 This is the view from the inside.
It is taken from the lofted family room, which overlooks the vaulted living room.

Anytime I near the end of a stage, I tend to get impatient!
Just when I thought framing would drive me crazy. . .
 the plumbers arrived to do their rough in!
 The heating guys were right on their tails!

I am SO thankful that our subcontractors are pushing things along!
 The tasks for today were fun!

We purchased appliances since the cabinet builder needs their measurements.
We also made our final siding decisions.

The shingler will arrive tomorrow morning (supposedly.)
Which means the next photo you see will have shingles instead of children on the roof!

I will be happy to post that one!

After the shingles are installed, the windows go in, the electrical rough in gets completed, and we are onto siding outside and sheetrock inside. 

I can hardly wait!