"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Construction Update: Windows, Wiring, Plumbing, & Heating!

It was a very exciting week in our home building process.
 All the windows (except the ones still on order) were installed!

Brenna's bedroom was the first one done!
 The plumbing rough-in was completed and passed inspection.

Sierra can hardly wait to have a full size tub filled with water again!
 The electrical rough-in has begun.

I am so thrilled with the electricians.
They have been incredible to work with.
 Heating rough-in is also complete.
The exterior of the house has been wrapped and is waiting for the siding to arrive on Tuesday!

The most exciting developments this week involve my cabinets.  We met with the cabinet builder several times, and he has transformed my kitchen from ho-hum to fabulous.  I am beyond thrilled with the changes he suggested.  He plans to begin building them next week, and I can not wait to see the results! 

The end of next week the sheetrockers are scheduled to begin.  I am told they need 3 days.  The taper claims he will be done in 5 days, so I will be painting in NO time!

This weekend Chad and the kids are working hard on getting the exterior walls caulked, insulated, and ready for the 'rockers.  We also have garage doors and exterior walk doors to install, so there is no shortage of work! 
Brenna and Joshua and I spent the afternoon at my mom and dad's house.  Grandpa Scott felt so sorry for Brenna that he went and injured himself too.  On the very same day, Brenna broke her clavicle and Grandpa sererated his AC joint (shoulder).  It was one stinky Friday the 13th!
I am hoping that Brenna will be up to me leaving her for a bit tomorrow so that I can help the Dietrich construction crew, but today neither of us were ready to be apart!  She is doing MUCH better today.  The pain meds helped her sleep well last night.  Today she is figuring out how to do more and more on her own.  She is a strong, brave, independent girl.