"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, July 9, 2012

She's 16 Today!

Krissy turned 16 today.

16!
How did that happen?

 She hates pictures, and she hates attention being lavished upon her.
So she will probably hate this post!
But toddler or not, she needs to know that I adore her.
I appreciate her.
I count on her for so much.
I am so proud of her.

Since we are a bit cramped for space at the moment,
 we chose to have a small dinner party at the restaurant of her choice.
She chose Red Lobster.
Austin and her grandparents joined us.
(yes, she is purposely avoiding the photo)
 After dinner we went to check on the house.
(Notice windows in the background!)
She opened her gifts in our "sitting room."

(Indulge me in a trip down memory lane here... When Krissy was 2, we celebrated her birthday in our first home.  It was OLD - built in 1887.  It needed an incredible amount of work.  And it was STINKY!  When we showed it to 2-year-old Krissy, she said "It pretty yucky but my daddy can fix it!  14 years later we celebrate her birthday in yet another house that her daddy will fix!)
 While the rest of us wandered around the house checking out the day's progress (tubs! windows! heating work!), Krissy and Austin disappeared to the roof.
And not too much later, they left the party.
(with permission, of course)

She's 16 years old, a junior in high school,
and she came home tonight (promptly at 9:30) with her first roses from someone other than her daddy.

I don't even have words.
Watching this girl grow has been the most amazing blessing and honor.
I have enjoyed every age and every stage.
I am so very thankful that God chose me to be her mom.
So thankful.