"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, July 6, 2012

Waiting For Home

Just over a year ago, the crazy began!

Chad and I decided to sell our house, not having a complete plan of what would come next.  I had hoped it would be easy - quick sale, purchase a new home in the country, move in with only a wall or two to paint before it was "home sweet home."


The week we first put our house on the market, we spent at cabins in Minnesota with Chad's siblings.  On the surface it was a perfect week.  We had a BLAST with our family.  But under the surface, trouble was brewing.  I was considering going back to work, which was heartbreaking to me.  Chad's employees were creating big time stress as they staged a mini-walkout while we vacationed.  We spent much time talking on the phone with his guys and eventually about 50% quit while we "relaxed."

We tried not to let all the chaos ruin our vacation, but It was hard!  My sweet sister, Teresa, reads me so well and knew I was s-t-r-e-s-s-e-d.  One day she took our kids shopping and they came home with the beautiful wind chime pictures above as a gift for me.  "Faith, Hope, & Wisdom" exactly the prayer and blessing I needed for the next chapter in our journey.

We returned home, and began picking up the pieces.  I went back to work.  Joshua began day care.  Chad slowly found replacement employees.  We showed and showed and showed the house. . .

Slowly life has come back into focus.  Things are not the same, or even where I thought they would be.  Yet, it's ok.  I can see His hand in all this and that makes it all worth while.

And during this whole crazy jurney,  I tucked my precious gift into a special corner of my closet.  I know that sounds weird, but I was saving it.  Peaking at it, basking in Teresa's thoughtfulness and love, all the while refusing to hang it until we were HOME.

I packed it away last week, feeling so excited that when it is at last unpacked we will be HOME.

So, Teresa, if you wondered what happened to your precious gift, you now know the rest of the story.  It has fulfilled its purpose, reminding me of your love and that His hope, faith, and wisdom will sustain me.

And soon, very, very soon, we will take turns rocking your miracle baby on my front porch, listening to the soft chimes that will forever remind me of this journey and the lessons learned as it was traveled.

I can hardly wait.

Soon, I will be home.
And you will be a mommy.

I can hardly wait.