"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Blog watching

Before considering adoption, I was NOT a computer junky. I did not ever sit with my computer and look at blogs, facebook, or even shop much. I worked at my computer during the day and used it for research when necessary. When I started to research adoption like a crazy lady, I discovered blogs. The blogs I began watching helped me to understand the process of adoption. I looked back in blog posts to see what writers were thinking and feeling at different points in their adoption. I looked at their time lines, information about travel, and how they adapted after their children came home. Brave souls sharing a glimpse into their family helped me to feel brave.

Anyway all the blogs I have listed on the lower left margin of my blog have inspired me in some way. They have changed my view of the world.

Leap of Love is our friends whose letter started me thinking.

Every Bitter Thing Is Sweet was in Ethiopia bringing their children home as we were deciding to adopt. She is a gifted writer and reading their story of transition reassures me.

Our Silly Monkeys is a local lady who adopted through our agency last summer. She has been kind enough to answer many of my questions.

Lucy Lane was the adoption "gotcha day" video that would not leave me. Her blog is a steady stream of adoption inspiration.

Soli Deo Gloria just returned home with another Ethiopian son. I was moved by their journey last week. Reading of their union with their son was amazing and exciting for this future mom.

The Wayfarer is a family that adopted two little boys. She posts great info. on everything. This week she had a detailed post about what it is like for an American to stay in Ethiopia.

The Howletts adopted a baby a while ago and are going back for a little boy soon. I began watching them because their children were older when they adopted the baby and I was curious to see how the older kids did. Now I watch because the son they are adopting is near the age I think Joshua will be. They are actually the reason I add this post tonight. I read on their blog that their adoption goes to court as we sleep tonight. Court is a crazy thing sometimes, please pray as you go to sleep tonight that they receive the news tomorrow that they officially have a son.

I have IAN in parenthesis by the blogs of families that use the same placement agency as we are. That way if you choose to watch them too you will know if they were at Sele Enat, the orphanage that Joshua will come from.