"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, November 20, 2009

Ramblings

I have officed out of our home the last two days. I do love days at home in place of my sometimes lonely brown office, but unfortunately I spent the last days at home because Brenna was sick. She is running a fever, achy, and plain old miserable. (That is what I get for bringing a healthy child to the clinic for a check-up.)

Between having more time at home this week and the cooler days which makes me want to cook, clean, and get to all those projects that have been put off all summer, I find myself ready to nest. I keep telling myself to proceed with caution! Poor Chad cut his palm last week making sausage and it is very sore, it is still deer season - one more tag to fill this weekend, work is the busiest it has ever been, and my amazing and oh so talented contractor husband hates home improvement projects. Sound like a recipe for disaster? Patience and caution I tell you that is how I must proceed.

I have a sweet blond ally on the first and biggest project on the list. SIERRA! We bought Sierra a new bed, bedding, and nightstand for her birthday. She has to wait to use it until she moves into her new room. Before she can move in a closet needs to be built, the walls painted, and carpet installed. Her bed arrived by FedEx this morning, so now he will have 2 excited girls driving him crazy. (We will do our best to behave. Besides we know that he really will not be able to dive into the bedroom project until after Christmas... but maybe he could start on the other minor projects like that piece of trim in the family room. J/K I will behave!)

The one thing I do plan to do in the mean time is sell/give away/throw out some excess stuff. So if you need a white and brass day bed, a Foosball table, or a cute little cabinet for a TV let me know. They are on my going, going, gone list.

I need to clear some space in the family room for toys for a little boy, and make an office area and a workout area for his mom. We feel it will be very important for Joshua's attachment to spend as little time away from us as possible. We hope that he will be able to come with to the office some. I will office from home a little more than now, and I will probably have to work some evenings/early mornings. I am so thankful once again that I have such a flexible work schedule AND such an amazing boss. (FYI I work for my darling husband. I make sure the bills and guys are paid, he does all the hard stuff.)

Today is a HUGE day in the life of our beautiful Krissy. New Moon, the second movie in the "Twilight Series" is at our theatre. She is going with some girlfriends and has been PUMPED all week. I get the honor of picking them up at the theatre at 11 PM and then 4 excited, giggling 13 yr olds plan to have a no-sleep-over at our house. Should be interesting!