"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving ABCs

This week I heard a story about 2 friends who run together. They have a tradition to do a long run on Thanksgiving Day and during the run they each list at least one thing they are thankful for starting with every letter in the alphabet. Hopefully, I will get the chance to go on a long run this Thanksgiving weekend and count my blessings, but just in case I don't I thought I would post my ABC list here. (Besides after forcing it on my kids, I owe them!)


A - Almighty God's presence and direction in my life

B- Brenna Joy, my independent, rational, kind-hearted, brilliant youngest daughter

C- Camping! Many of my best family memories have a boat, campfire, or camper in them.

D- Dad, who is wise, intentional, honest, Godly, and loving

E- Enough; I am blessed with enough of everything important.

F- Family and Friends to love, support, encourage, help, and advise me

G- Grandparents that have provided amazing examples of who/how I should be.

H- Home; I am thankful for a spacious, warm home with an empty bedroom, soon to be filled.

I- Intelligence, Independence, Information, and the Internet

J- Jamison Chad, my amazing,smart, athletic, kind, mischievous, double-dimpled son

K- Krissy, my beautiful, smart, self-sufficient, thoughtful, oldest daughter

L- Love, the one thing I have be so lucky to never lack.

M- Mom, my friend, confidant, cheerleader, prayer warrior, and mentor

N- New and old friends to guide my way and lighten my load

O- Occupation that allows me to keep my priorities my priorities, almost all the time

P- Prayer, how awesome that God allows us to speak to him.

Q- Quiet. I love silence. When I am home alone nothing is turned on.

R- Riley, my dog, my ever-loyal partner in a quiet office and on the running trail

S- Sierra Faith, my sweet, silly, enthusiastic, energetic, irrepressible middle daughter

T- Time for all my favorite things, running, cuddling, reading, boating, movie watching...

U- Unexpected blessings; like flowers from Chad, a card in the mail, a hug, this adoption

V- Vacations!

W- Wonderful relationship with Chad,my amazing husband/boss/best friend/biggest fan

X- Xceptence (acceptance);I am loved and accepted for who and what I am by many.

Y- You! Thank you for caring enough to read this and taking a moment to be thankful with me.

Z- Zeal; I am filled with excitement, passion, and energy.


And I could go on! Take a moment today to be thankful and to share your thankful thoughts with the ones you love. (Maybe even get interactive and leave me a comment with your reasons to be thankful!)


Happy Thanksgiving!