"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Things That I Am Thankful For

By Sierra, age 10

  1. Family
  2. Air/breath
  3. Food and water
  4. My house and everything in it
  5. Stores
  6. Friends
  7. Teachers
  8. Schools
  9. Church
  10. God and Jesus
  11. Riley
  12. Camping


*** A note from Mom - I love Thanksgiving, it might be my favorite holiday. To me it is a day of rest, relaxation, and relationships before the RUSH of the Christmas Season. I love taking a time to list and appreciate all the things I have to be thankful for - that list seems to grow each year. One of my goals as a mom is to raise kids that are appreciative of all that they have been blessed with. Each year, I expect our kids to write a list of things they are thankful for before they make a Christmas wish list. I hope it helps them realize all that they have in the midst of dreaming of Christmas gifts. This year I have asked them to post their lists on our blog. I hope as you read our thankful thoughts each day this week, you take a moment to count your blessings too. Happy Thanksgiving!***