"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Isn't It Funny How You Can Miss Someone

you've never met?

I have had an amazing weekend. I had 28 people for Thanksgiving, potluck - I did not cook it all! It was a blast and the food was oh-so-good.

I spent a full 20 hours decorating. I love to clean and decorate for Christmas. I love lights, Santas, Nativity scenes, angels, ornaments, garland, trees, and lots of candles.

I went out for supper with only adults!

I watched 2 cute movies!

I slept in AND Chad made me breakfast 2 mornings in a row.

I went to a baby shower.

I fit in a long run, OK not as long as I once could, but at least not rushed. And Thank You God that I CAN run. Might be slow but I am able.

I shopped, mostly on cyberspace - no wait there.

I had supper with my bro and family. We drew secret Santa names, one of my favorite traditions. I chatted a long time with my sis-in law who I adore. All the kids had a ball playing. Such sweet family time.

It has been a full and wonderful weekend, my heart is mostly happy - but still I long. I long for a little boy I have yet to meet or hug or rock. A little boy who is in a whole different country, a world away. But God willing, he will be here to dance with my tacky "Holly Jolly Santa" next year. How great will it be to celebrate Christmas with Joshua next year? Fills my eyes with happy tears of anticipation of so many things to come.